- When transiting through Mexico City, please plan to have a longer stop over time because of the flight delays and long lines for immigration, everyone has to go through immigration and customs.
- Stop by the Tourist Information center near the Central Park, friendly staff provides a lot of useful information.
- Visit during the Easter time, there are a lot of processions and you can get a great cultural immersion.
- If you have more than a week to spend and want to cover more areas, think about getting into Guatemala City and getting out of Belize City or Cancun (or the opposite direction). Accessing Belize or Cancun from Tikal is pretty easy that will save you a overnight ride back to Guatemala City by bus.
- There are a lot of private shuttles operate between Lanquin and Lake Attitlan area, so if you have more time go for the day time ride to Lanquin from where go can easily go to Tikal.
- We couldn’t find anything to do for more than 2 days in Antigua. If you just want to chill there, it is a place.
- Guatemala is reasonably clean, at least in the tourist areas. Even during the Easter celebration where thousands of people gather, the whole city was kept clean.
- If you want to enjoy the local street food, head to the La Merced church area.
- Yashkin is a very good driver who speaks good English and very punctual - his #4787-7055 (email@example.com)
Getting to Guatemala
El Hostel - Antigua
Easter Week Festivity
Walk to the Hill and Roaming Around the City
was going all over the city. The procession started at 6am in a near by village and ends in the Central Park at 6pm. There was live music at the city park in the evening because that’s the end point for the procession and the whole city was in a festive atmosphere and the ATMs were running out of money J Getting out of the city to the Guatemala City Bus stand in our shuttle took more than 2 hours because of the terrible traffic.