- You can rent the flippers for snorkeling so don’t bother bringing them along. Whale shark tour includes the snorkel gear and it costs about 1000 Pesos. Try to get there early to avoid the crowd.
- When you try to get in and get out of the small truck that’s used for the commute during the whale shark tour, please be careful and always use the middle plastic footprint to support your
- If you are a vegetarian, finding something to eat on the street side or in small restaurants will be very tough.
- You don’t need to take the motorcycle ride to the Tumalog falls from the parking lot and it is in easily walk able distance.
- Unless otherwise you are super sure about the path from Osmena peak to Kuwasan falls, it is better to hire a guide. We paid 1000p+some tips for the guide to take us to the Kuwasan falls from Osmena peak. Wear good trekking shoes or shoes with good grip because the path is very slippery during rainy season. There are some shops on the way where you can buy snacks and water, so you don’t have to carry a lot of stuff to
- You don’t need life jacket to jump off from the top of the Kuwasan fall. They have tied down rope for support in water at the downstream, so that you don’t have to swim long distance to rest. Just keep an eye where the rope is before jumping off.
- The Cocoloco cafe near the city market in Anda is a good choice for vegetarians.
- Once you buy the ferry tickets in Tagbilarn, you need to pay the terminal fee at a counter nearby before checking into the ferry in an other counter. No one will tell you this and it is assumed that you know this :-) There are frequent ferries to Cebu from Tagbilarn.
impressed with the cleanliness of the Cebu areas that we had been. They were maintained real well and kept clean unlike what was showed in different Hollywood movies. It may be true in Manila but I don’t know. Even Cebu city is reasonably clean.
What is Vegetarian Food?
family. We had a great time in their place but the funny thing is that they didn’t know what to feed the vegetarians and finally figured out to treat us with Salad, Banana flower dish with coconut milk and rice, which were very delicious. Came back to the room to take rest and get ready to wake up at 4am to swim with the Whale Sharks the next morning.
way to snorkel.
Osmena to Kuwasan
not a strenuous hike but a long hike with slippery path that we made it to the falls in less than 4 hours. The hike takes you through remote parts of the island in dense areas of tress or bush as well as some small farm areas. We were glad that we got the guide because there’s no sign or any one to verify whether we were going in the right direction. All of us fell down at least once during the hike because of the slippery soil or stones, but the hike is very well worth it. On the way, we saw cocoa farms, egg plant farms and different vegetable farms in addition to people working on the farms in old ways, just doing back breaking cutting with
sickle. We started around 8am and reached at the Kuwasan falls just after 1130am. The falls at the third level is not that interesting, so we continued to the falls at the second level.
Ferry To Bohol
Chocolate Hills and Beyond
during the summer months and all look like mountains of chocolate. To have a better view of the surrounding areas, you have to climb a number of steps to reach small hill. The next stop was the Tarsiers sanctuary, which is maintained and kept well with caretakers of the Tarsiers. Tarsiers are much smaller than what I imagined off and their body length is less than one fourth of their tail length. Since they are nocturnal animals, most of them were sleeping and only a few of them could be spotted with their eyes open. After taking a few pictures at the Man Made Forest, we decided to do the zip lining over the Loboc River and even
though the safety of that was a concern, I didn’t bother to mention about it to anyone. We enjoyed (almost) flying over the Loboc River about 250 feet high.
of times before booking two pump boats to head out for snorkeling. We visited a few caves where they use to cremate or bury the humans in 1800s before snorkeled in the marine sanctuary and then came back to the city for lunch around 3pm. The lunch at the Cocoloco Cafe was very good. We tried to relax in the hot pool but it was pretty cold to chill on a windy evening. We retired to our rooms early hoping that we could wake up early to watch the sunrise, but we didn’t bother to wake up early for the sunrise.
|Man Made Forest in Bohol|
out what it got to offer (against advise of the hotel personal because that area is not supposed to be safe). Colon street is nothing interesting but a number of platform shops and a lot of crowd, but we felt perfectly safe. We left that place in about 30 minutes and one of the craziest things happened first time in my Uber experience is that we got the same Uber that we took to come to Colon street to return back to our hotel.