- The airport metro is pretty awesome and we were able to reach the main station within 30 minutes. It is far better than taking bus ore taxi for 3 of us.
- Not many people speak English in the street side shops, so please get some common helpful phrases written down in Taiwanese from you hotel or hostel before you head out.
- Booked the stay in Flip Flap Hostel which is very close to the train station as well as the bus station (5 minutes walk). Also, a lot of street food around that area. It is a nice, Getting an accommodation for 3 of us under $50 in a central place was tough and FFHostel worked out very well. There is a small box provided with key to store your personal stuff for free and I could put my 29L backpack in that.
- Unless you are planning to spend a couple of days in Taipei and going around Taipei in metro a lot, the metro pass doesn’t make sense. If you plan to travel in metro, enquire when the last train is to avoid walking or taking taxi at late night.
- Chiang Kai Shek memorial hall closes at 6pm and on every hour there’s a change of guard. Even though the memorial hall closes, if you arrive late, you will be able to spend time in the Liberty square which is very impressive too.
- Find out about the famous food corners that you want to try in Taipei before reaching there or ask the hotel or hostel front desk. There are a lot of nice places, knowing before going will be very helpful.
- The security line may be incredibly long sometimes, if one security line is long, take a few minutes to check the length of the other security line, you may be lucky to find one may be shorter than the other.
- Download the translation apps if you have a smart phone which will be very handy here.