- Book the ferry tickets as soon as you know of your plans and it is difficult to get during the peak season for the timings of your choice. Since I didn’t book in advance, I had to waste about an hour going to a travel agent to book the tickets. We couldn’t get the morning ferry to go to Havelock, so got the afternoon ferry.
- It is more economical and better to do introductory scuba in Havelock than in North Bay. It costed us 3500 rupees in North Bay but it was only 2000 rupees in Havelock.
- If you plan in advance, book the Dolphin resorts in Havelock and it is the best value for the money.
- The Radhanagar beach is an awesome place to chill and swim. It is not deep as well as no currents, so you can go much deeper in the water for a swim. Compared to beach No. 5 area where the Dolphin resort is located, it is not that scenic (it is on the east side). But if you want to spend a lot of time swimming and be in the water, go to Radhanagar beach but all of the water activities happen near the beach No. 5 area.
- The beach no. 5 area is really scenic and the water is very shallow for about quarter of a mile. Nice area to walk around, sun bath but there are no waves. If you have your own snorkeling gear, you should bring it with you to this area to snorkel.
Radha Nagar Beach
- Hotels in Andaman get booked pretty early, so to get the best location, please plan in advance. Havelock island is a nice place to relax and it is still not developed much which is a good thing (compared to other beach resorts).
- You are not allowed to carry liquor in the ferry, from Port Blair to Havelock. But there’s no check on the other direction.
- After 30 minutes or so, get up to the top deck in the ferry to see a lot of people dancing for the loud music and plan to enjoy the party.
- There’s a pure vegetarian restaurant in the Radhanagar beach (in the beach itself) which is really nice. It is the only pure vegetarian place there.
- It gets dark by 530pm, so plan your day accordingly.
Immigration at Port Blair
go to the Kalapather beach it started rain, but we left to the beach anyway by taxi. Since it was raining there’s not much crowd there and we spend about an hour there before heading to the Radhanagar beach.
room. The other option we had was to drive 25 miles to another beach that we decided not to go because it looked like it was going to rain. Surely, it rained a lot in the evening.